Wednesday, July 11, 2012

reminiscence of my trip to mt.fuji 「富士山旅の回想」

Its almost a year since I climbed mount Fuji for the first time during august of last year(2011). It was one hell of a trip, a lifetime experience.  I could see host of shiny-happy people from all over Japan and even foreigners (like me) along the trail. I was accompanied by a friend from Hongkong. since he was quite uncomfortable with Japanese language I really had great time conversing with him in english after a long gap.
Though the climb was tough at times and places, all in all we had a jolly time together. And fortunately even the weather favored us. We started climbing from the 5th station at around 7:30pm. It was cool and serene moonlit night. We climbed enjoying the night view of the cities below. It all went well for some hours but from the 8th station chilly wind started blowing. The air became thinner as we climbed and the temperature was also dipping. So we had to control our pace and take frequent breaks. We reached the summit at around 3am in the morning. It was severe cold and insanely crowded up there. Everybody was desperately waiting for the sunrise. Finally the sun showed up and I can never forget that moment in my life. I felt so warm and fresh to be there at the highest peak of japan. well, I come from a Himalayan country and I have hiked to places way higher than mt. Fuji. but being there on the top of mt. Fuji  and witnessing the sunrise was something truly special. We have read and known Japan as [the land of rising sun] I felt proud that I was one among those people who welcomed the sun early on that particular day. It was like meeting the new ME in that very moment. The landscapes, scenery of cities around, and the shape of the entire peak were breathtaking. We were literally above the blanket of clouds . It really felt like heaven for many reasons. My spirit was so high that I was humming songs like `here comes the sun`by Beatles and `sunrise`by Norah Jones all the time. 
Here I attach some pictures taken from the summit,








The above pictures were shot by myself. Used some image editor to adjust the brightness and size. 
I am intending to climb again during the first week of august. I hope circumstances favor me this year as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful. It must have been an experience to treasure. Someday, I wish to feel similar amazing moments when I climb Mt. Fuji. :P

srai said...

yes it was one hell of an experience! thank you for the comment;-) and good luck!